More about Mrunali Parikh
Growth Equity Investor @ Tanas Capital (tcapital.sg), an Asia-based private investment firm that manages capital globally on behalf of strategic shareholders. Portfolio includes V-Ensure Pharmaceuticals (Contract Research Organization), Wondrlab (New Age Martech) and Sai Packaging (Mono Cartons, Labels & Security Printing).
At Tanas Capital, I am responsible to identify and execute deals at Series A to C Levels in growth-stage companies across the capital structure i.e. equity, convertibles and private credit. Keen to get in touch with companies in Manufacturing, Education, Ad/media Tech, Healthcare and Pharma, B2B Fintech and consumer space.
I have previously worked with GVFL – A venture capital firm backed by Govt. of Gujarat. At GVFL, I was responsible for end-to-end deal execution, from sourcing to divestments, and portfolio management at Seed and Pre-Series A levels with a ticket of $1 Mn - $2 Mn. Managed & invested assets in consumer space (Zoivane Pets, Iba Cosmetics, Fraazo, All that Dips) and in enterprise & SMB tech (EronKan, Travelyaari)
In addition to my work as a venture capitalist, I am actively involved in volunteering with Headstart Network Foundation as I am a firm believer in giving back to the community. At Headstart, I lead Gujarat chapter community (presence in Ahmedabad & Surat) and active part of Investor Circle.
If you're an entrepreneur looking for funding, or if you're interested in learning more about venture capital, feel free to connect with me at [email protected]. I'm always interested in meeting new people and learning about new ideas.
- You should have a clear plan for atleast next 12 months that can be seen on excel sheet, which clearly shows, what this fund raise is going to achieve for you.
- Start the process 4-6 months before you actually need the funds
- Get an understanding of funds portfolio/thesis/decision making process by reaching their portfolio companies prior to pitching.
- Try not to mention about valuations untill explicitly asked. Do not become rigid on a number, try to negotiate and substantiate your number.
- Don't keep high hopes from 1 single investor, keep talking to multiple people at the time. But at same time be transparent about the options to them, whenever you start doing serious conversations on terms and stuff
- Do not mess your cap table with number of people, keep it as clean as possible, it makes your life much much more easy when raising next rounds!